Borgward 2000 ( Hansa 2000 )
|Hansa Borgward 2000/2300 from 1937 to 1942|
|Body versions :||Sedan , cabriolet ,convertible|
|Engines:||Gasoline engines : 2.0-2.3 liters
|Wheelbase :||2880 mm|
|Curb weight :||1260 kg|
The Hansa 2000 is a vehicle of the upper middle class of Carl FW Borgward , who was the sole owner of the automobile factory in Bremen-Sebaldsbrück since September 1937 . Later, the car was renamed Borgward in 2000 and replaced shortly afterwards by the Borgward 2300 .
The prototype was presented in February 1937 , the production began in the same year, according to other sources until 1938.
From early October 1939, a version with 2.3-liter engine was offered, which replaced the 2.0-liter model. This was the only passenger car model, the Borg Ward was still allowed to produce at this time because the Schell plan the company allowed only the production of a heavy car type with a displacement between 2.0 and 3.0 liters. 1942, the production was discontinued due to the war without replacement.
Engine, transmission and chassis
The six-cylinder in-line engine of the Hansa 2000 / Borgward 2000 made 48 hp (35 kW) at 3800 / min and a compression of 6: 1. With a bore of 70 mm and a stroke of 85 mm, the engine capacity was 1962 cc. The engine had overhead valves operated by a side sprocket- driven camshaft via bumpers and rocker arms ( OHV valve control ) and a Solex 30 BFRH single carburettor .
From 1939, the engine of the Borgward 2300 had a displacement of 2247 cc (bore × stroke = 72 mm × 92 mm) and made 55 hp (40 kW) at 3800 / min. Compression and carburetor remained unchanged.
The top speed of all body styles of the Hansa 2000 / Borgward 2000 was 115 km / h, the Borgward 2300 was up to 120 km / h fast.
All cars had a four-speed gearbox with middle lever, also called stick mechanism. The gears two to four were synchronized. The rear wheels were driven.
The body was built on a front and rear bifurcated "central frame", a box frame with closely spaced side rails, with cross member . The front wheels were suspended individually on two transverse leaf springs , the rear pendulum swing axle had only a transverse leaf spring. All 4 wheels had hydraulically operated drum brakes ; the handbrake acted on the rear wheels. The cars had central lubrication .
The cars accelerated from 0 to 100 km / h in 32 seconds. Their fuel consumption was 12.5 liters / 100 km.
All three types were available as four-door sedans or four-door convertible coaches, whose doors were each struck on the B-pillars - ie the front and the rear front. The two-door convertible had two rear-hinged doors. The streamlined bodies had a bent backwards grille between the rocket-shaped headlamps. The fenders had swept backwards; the front ends at the A-pillars , the rear ends in a flat tail.