Gräf Voiturette car
Manufactured by Gräf & Stift, Automobilfabrik AG, Vienna, Austria.
The Gräf brothers, Carl, Franz and Heinrich, owned a bicycle repair shop in Vienna, and as early as 1895 they built a car which was one of
the first with front-wheel drive.
Gräf Voiturette Front wheel drive car from 1897
The Gräf Voiturette was fitted with a single-cylinder de Dion-Bouton 402 cc engine developing 2.6kW
(3.5hp). It had a two-speed gearbox. The power was transmitted to the front axle shaft by a propeller shaft via a differential.
On November 1, 1901 the Gräf brothers joined with the former textile entrepreneur Wilhelm Stift and started making automobiles,
which were sold under the Spitz trademark until 1907.