AAA AG für Akkumulatoren und Automobilbau
Automotive manufacturer of Berlin - Wedding , Germany from 1919 to 1925.
The joint-stock company for accumulator and automobile construction in Berlin-Wedding , Ofenerstrasse, founded by Alex Fischer, built automobiles with battery-electric delivery-models up to 2 tons capacity and cars under the brand name AAA from 1919 to 1922
From 1922 the electric vehicles got the brand name Elektric. In the same year, the company started producing small cars with built-in petrol engines. These were sold under the name Alfi .
The factory was founded in 1919 as Automobil- und Akkumulatorenbau GmbH for electric vehicles . In 1920 the name was changed to Auto- und Akkumulatorenfabrik Aktiengesellschaft (AAA) , which was retained until 1922.
The commercial vehicle factory for electric vehicles , which existed until 1925, was continued from 1922 with the company name Aktiengesellschaft for accumulator and automobile construction .
AAA was the first German company to build four-wheel drive cars. Production ended in 1925 when the company went bankrupt.
This well-known commercial vehicle factory is often confused with the Akkumulatorenfabrik AG , which was also located in Berlin, Askanischer Platz 3 from 1918 to 1936. Electric vehicles with a payload of 1.5 to 2 tons with the Afa brand were also manufactured there, which were used, among other things, as milk trucks.
There were vans and package delivery cart for a load capacity of 0.6 made up to 2 tons. These commercial vehicles were equipped with an 8.5 HP electric motor , which was installed swinging with the gear in the spring-loaded frame. The range of the two types built was 60 km.
The type AAA had a short bonnet as a delivery van that rose at an angle. The spoke wheels were covered with solid rubber and the structure was made as needed. Some of the electric vehicles had a front-opening windshield on the passenger side, and the cab side was open.Another type of commercial vehicle was the AGA .