Otto Weiss & Co. (Maschinenfabrik Otto Weiss GmbH)
The company Otto Weiss & Co. was a German car manufacturer in the early part of the 20th Century.
The company was based at Greifswalder Straße 140 in Berlin.1903 began the production of motor vehicles. The brand name was Weiss .Maschinenfabrik Otto Weiss GmbH and from around 1904 Automobil und Motorenfabrik vorm. Otto Weiss which ended 1906
Cars were built with the name Herald , whose construction essentially corresponded to those of the Maurer Union in Nuremberg . They were equipped with engines with one, two or four cylinders and 12 to 40 hp and had friction gear.
In March 1903, the company presented at the German Motor Show in Berlin, two Tonneaus with 8 hp and 10 hp, a bus for six people and a chassis .
Because of the similarity of the products, there was a legal dispute with the Maurer Union, which they lost . There upon the production had to be stopped and the company liquidated in order to be able to settle the compensation claims from the patent infringements.