Scheibler (Fritz Scheibler Motorwagenfabrik)
The Fritz Scheibler Motorwagenfabrik was a German manufacturer of automobiles and commercial vehicles , which was located between 1900 and 1913 in Aachen .
The company was originally founded in 1900 by Fritz Scheibler as Fritz Scheibler Motorenfabrik in Aachen with the production and sale of engines for Trucks and motor coaches .
Passenger cars and trucks were built, where by Scheibler manufactured all parts in-house. The Scheibler factory self-developed passenger cars mainly to Great Britain. The designer was Willy Seck , who had already designed a trolley-driven car between 1896 and 1897. Scheibler was awarded a gold medal at the Frankfurt Motor Show in 1900 for the 10-horsepower model 2-boxer built in these years. From 1903, the vehicles with friction drive disappeared and were replaced by those with spur gears.
Already in 1901 the first trucks and buses developed under the brand name Scheibler with flüssiggekühltem 12 PS series four-cylinder a gasoline engine and battery ignition . In 1902, more than 40 have already been made A little later in 1904, the manufacture of automobiles began, but from the beginning they sold less well than the trucks.
In 1905, Fritz Scheibler Motorenfabrik had to file a settlement because of economic difficulties , but it was re-established under the name of Scheibler Automobil-Industrie GmbH . Already in 1907, the passenger car construction had to be discontinued due to low sales figures. Instead, they produced exclusively commercial vehicles under the name Mulag . In the same year the motor vehicle factory Hüttis & Hardebeck was taken over. The truck type L 56 was built from 1907 for a few years and had a payload of 6 tons . He was able to tow two trailers , each with a payload of 2 tons Magneto ignition , leather cone clutch , 4-speed gearbox and a differential instead of chain drive .
In 1913 Scheibler was bought by Mannesmann . The cars were called from this point Mannesmann MULAG .