MWD (Motoren-Werke Dessau)
The Motoren-Werke Dessau (MWD) was an engine and automobile manufacturer based in Dessau . From 1911 to 1913 passenger cars were built under the name Der Dessauer . For this purpose, the company name was changed to Anhaltische Automobil- und Motorenfabrik AG .In 1913, the company had to file for bankruptcy.
First, two four-cylinder models were offered, which were listed as 7/18 hp and 8/22 hp. In 1912, the small model fell away and the big one was renamed 8/24 hp. Its 2100 cc block engine delivered 24-26 hp (17.6-19.1 kW) , with a four-speed gearbox to the rear wheels. The open torpedo had a wheelbase of 3000 mm and its chassis weighed 800 kg. Thus, 70-75 km/h speed were achievable.