Lindcar Auto AG
The lindcar Car AG was a German company for the production of automobiles , whose headquarters in Berlin. It was founded in 1920 and produced from 1921 to 1925 automobiles under the brand Lindcar , from 1922 also bicycles. From 1926 under the changed company Lindcar Fahrradwerk AG only bicycles produced in 1936, the company was dissolved.
The car production of Lindcar began in the commercial building Kochstrasse 37 in the southern Friedrichstadt (later belonging to the district of Kreuzberg ). In 1922, the company moved the production to the facilities of the former Lichtenrader Metallwaren-Fabrik GmbH in Berlin-Lichtenrade . Under the director Wilhelm Kulp, who was previously in a leading position at the Wittenau plant of the German Weapons and Munitions factories AG and the factory Haselhorst the German works AG , Lindcar 1922 began with the production of bicycles. The corporate purpose was now with Manufacture and sale of motor vehicles of all types and bicycles as well as trade in engines.
The production of its own small car models was discontinued in 1925, the management had the intention to work in future as an assembly plant and sales organization of a foreign car manufacturer. However, until the autumn of 1925 this reorientation could not be implemented due to "import difficulties". The car production was finally abandoned and the company continues with the changed company Lindcar Fahrradwerk AG under director Kulp.
The original majority shareholders of Lindcar Auto AG, the brothers Carl and Gustav Lindemann, were convicted in 1927 for fraudulent price manipulation. The dissolution of the unions and their own operations by the National Socialists also deprived the Lindcar Fahrradwerk AG the basis and the company was dissolved in 1936.
The two- or three-seater roadster with boat tail were made of plywood . In addition, a car with 300 kg capacity was offered. The drive used front-mounted engines from different manufacturers, whose performance was specified with 4/14 hp and 5/15 hp. On request, there was a preselection gears of the Zahnradfabrik Friedrichshafen AG , named after the designer Alfred Graf von Soden-Fraunhofen.
Vehicle manufacturer Berlin Germany from 1921 to 1925