Ego Werke History
Ego-Werke AG (1923-1924)
Ego-Autobau GmbH (1925-1927)
The Mercur Flugzeugbau GmbH of Berlin in 1921 founded the first person works for the production of automobiles. In 1923, the transformation into a public limited company took place . Otto Graf was Technical Director. In October, the company went bankrupt for the first time . The Hiller automobile factory took over the production of the vehicles and used the brand name Hiller . On December 10, 1925, the newly founded Ego-Autobau GmbH acquired the manufacturing rights from the bankrupt Hiller automobile factories. The production in small series was now under the direction of Wilhelm Hiller at the Automechanik GmbHinstead of. In 1927 the production ended. The car mechanics GmbH was responsible until 1931 for the supply of spare parts.
The first model 4/14 hp had a four-cylinder engine with 1016 cc displacement by our company. In the fall of 1924, the improved model 4/20 PS and the sports car 4/24 PS came out with two- engined engine . 1925 followed the larger model 5/25 hp , which offered space for four people and already had four-wheel brakes. The four-cylinder engine with OHV valve control had 1320 cc displacement.
Automotive manufacturer Berlin,Germany from 1921 to 1927