Cockerell Automotive manufacturers Munich; Germany from 1924 until 1927.
Fritz Cockerell began in 1919 in Gunzenrainerstraße 6 in Munich with the production of motorcycles. The company name was initially Friedrich Cockerell, vehicle engine . Later, the company was called Cockerell vehicle and engine works GmbH . The seat was first at the Schwanthalerstraße 5 in Munich and later at the Siegfriedstraße 17 in Nuremberg . Not with standing this, the company names are Cockerell Fahrzeugwerke AG and Cockerell vehicle and machine factory.
1924 appeared as the first model an open two-seater. For the drive provided a four - cylinder two-stroke engine with either 800 cc displacement or 905 cc displacement. in 1926 was followed by a model with a two-cylinder -Zweitaktmotor and 1056 cc capacity. special feature was the front-wheel drive . One of the two-cylinder models later received a six-cylinder engine with 1086 cc capacity and has been used with some success in auto racing. There were also plans for a eight-cylinder -Zweitaktmotor.