CAM (Carl Amesmaier Munich)
Carl Amesmaier Munich was a German manufacturer of automobiles .
Karl Amesmaier (1921), according to other sources Carl Amesmaier or Karl Amsmeier , was a trained locksmith . In 1945 he took over the business of his father in Munich . in 1951 started the production of automobiles. The brand name was CAM . 1956 ended production. One source indicates that four copies were sold. Another source indicates that two individual pieces and four other vehicles of a small series emerged.
The company produced micro cars. The vehicles had front engine and front wheel drive . The open bodies were made of steel and offered two people.
The first car was built in 1951. For the drive was provided by a twin-cylinder - two-stroke engine of Lloyd . The engine developed from 296 cc capacity 10 PS . Another source called 54 mm bore , 64 mm stroke and 293 cc. The vehicle weighed 460 kg. There was only one copy.
In the second vehicle from 1952 again a two-cylinder engine from Lloyd was used. The engine delivered 13 horsepower from 398 cc. Another source lists 293 cc and 10 horsepower as in the first vehicle. Also thereof was only a copy.
The production model appeared in 1956. However, there is another source notwithstanding, the production period from 1953 to 1956 at. For the drive was provided by a two-cylinder four-stroke - boxer engine from Zündapp . The power was 28 hp, in the sports embodiment 33 hp from 597 cc. The top speed was 125 km / h as indicated 135 km / h.
Some vehicles were equipped with hydraulic brakes. Some parts such as the headlights and door handles came from the Volkswagen Beetle . The three-speed gearbox came from Gutbrod . The top two gears were synchronized. The original price was 5000 DM . The last vehicle was at a track width of 113 cm (front) and 118 cm (back) and a wheelbase of 200 cm 360 cm long, 144 cm wide and 117 cm high. The dimensions of the previous models may vary slightly. The curb weight was given as 560 kg to 630 kg. From this model emerged four copies.
Automotive manufacturers Munich; Germany from 1951 until 1956.