Gottschalk & Co. History
The Berlin motor vehicle factory Gottschalk & Co. was a 1898 founded German company for the production of motor vehicles in Berlin , from which 1901 the Berlin motor vehicle factory(BMF) developed.
The company was founded in 1898 on the property Jägerstraße 61a in Berlin. 1900 began the production of motor vehicles. The brand name was Gottschalk .
The only passenger cars was a Voiturette with a single cylinder - built-in motor of De Dion Bouton- 3 or 4 PS performance. The power transmission took place via a friction gear on a cardan shaft . Possibly the construction was based on the successful De Dion-Bouton model Vis-à-vis , but obviously did not use its innovative manual transmission .
The production of commercial vehicles started early on . A delivery van was based on the small car. In addition, a three-wheeled load motorcycle was built, similar to a trikeand with closed van body. There were also larger commercial vehicles and minibuses up to 10 people capacity. Engines were used by De Dion-Bouton, Aster , Daimler or Hille .
The first commercial vehicles of the 1901 resulting Berlin Motorwagen factory were little changed Gottschalk vehicles.