Berlin Motor Car Factory (BMF)
The Berlin Motor Vehicle Factory (BMF) was a 1901-1906 existing German company based in Berlin , which produced commercial vehicles. It was created in 1901 from the Berlin motor vehicle factory Gottschalk & Co. KG , 1906 went to the Oryx Motor Works AG , which in turn was taken over in 1908 and 1911 by the Dürkopp-Werke AG .
Berlin Motor Car Factory (1898-1906)
The company, usually referred to briefly as the Berlin Motor Vehicle Factory or BMF , was created in 1901 from the Berlin motor vehicle factory Gottschalk & Co. KG . The production took place in a still leased by this legal predecessor in 1900 by the company Orenstein & Koppel plant in Berlin-Tempelhof , An der Ringbahn, and from 1904 in a factory in Berlin-Reinickendorf East, Extended Colonial Street 1-2. The company employed major designers such as Kurt Bendix and Willy Seck, and later Georg Lehmann, Ernst Valentin and Léon Palous. The factory premises in Berlin Tempelhof was given up gradually starting from 1904. By the end of 1905, the entire factory was relocated from Tempelhof to Reinickendorf.
Truck type L 50
In 1901, the BMF launched a first truck (truck) on the market. This type L 50 had a two-cylinder engine with 10 HP, which could be operated alternatively with gasoline or with ethanol (colloquially spirit ) and could drive up to 20 km / h fast. The 2.5 t payloaddesigned truck had a Kupferkonus- coupling , a differential gear and a propeller shaft , the two pushrods was supported. This type was also offered as a bus.
Oryx Motor Works AG (1906-1911)
1906 was BMF under the company Oryx Motor Werke AG into a joint stock companyconverted. This offered under the newly registered word mark Oryx two truck cab types with 2.5 t and 5 t payload and a maximum speed of 15 km / h, which were also available as buses. The engine was installed under the driver's seat. Due to the low vehicle frame , the truck types with the names BMF and Tempelhof were especially popular with the "beer coaches". Later, the larger trucks were named Eryx , the additionally built passenger cars (cars) the nameOryx and the "Kraftdroschken" ( taxis ) the name Berolina . In addition, trucks and electrically driven truck types developed by the BMF were built. From 1905 to 1906 also automobiles were offered under the name Tempelhof.
Daughter or branch of Dürkopp-Werke AG (1911-1929)
The factory in Berlin-Reinickendorf was leased in 1908 by the Dürkopp-Werke AG , which took over the company in 1911 through purchase and modernized the plant. In 1913, a new type of truck with a payload of 2 tons was built under the Oryx brand . The following year, a truck model with a capacity of 30 hp and a payload of 2.5 t came out, which corresponded to the rule-3-tonner of the German Reichswehr and was manufactured in large quantities during the First World War .
After the war, the truck construction was abandoned in 1920. Until the sale of the work to the London-based record company Crystalate Gramophone Record Manufacturing Co. Ltd. In 1929, only buses were produced under the name Dürkopp.
Automotive manufacturer Berlin; Germany From 1901 to 1906.