Andreas Automotive manufacturer
Dresden; Germany from 1900 to 1902
The Andreas was an electric car that was built from 1900 to 1902 by the Saxon Accumulator works in Dresden .
It was based on the construction of the company owner Ernst Andreas.
The two-seated car was built on a tubular steel chassis. Instead of a body he owned only a canvas . The front wheels were steered by a steering column with crank . The electric motor was installed on the rear axle and provided 1.5 kW at 48 V operating voltage . The range was given as 60 km .