Allgemeine Motorwagen GmbH
Automotive manufacturer Berlin; Germany From 1897 to 1898.
The Allgemeine Motorwagen GmbH was a German manufacturer of automobiles .
A consortium of armament industrialists, which included Heinrich Ehrhardt , Emil Rathenau and Frederick Richard Simms , took over in 1897 the engine factory of Adolf Altmann, which produced since 1879 stationary engines for agriculture . The company from Berlin continued to produce stationary engines, but also started producing automobiles. In 1898 the production ended. The motor vehicle and engine factory Berlin took over the enterprise.
The vehicles had either a gasoline or an electric motor . To this end, some of the patent rights of Daimler-Motoren-Gesellschaft were used.