Automotive manufacturers Berlin Germany From 1898 to 1902
The Kühlstein Wagenbau in Berlin-Charlottenburg was a coachbuilding company that produced electric cars from 1898 to 1902.
Some were vehicles of in-house design, others were Jeantaud cabs built under licence.
The firm also built tractor units to replace horses for use with horse-drawn carriages. Later models were also known as Kühlstein-Vollmer. Production of these vehicles was absorbed by the Neue Automobil Gesellschaft (NAG) in 1902.
Kühlstein continued manufacturing coachworks, e.g. for Horch cars.
Kühlstein-Vollmer car from 1901