|Body and chassis|
3.3L 4-cylinder gasoline50 hp (GAZ-67)
54 hp (GAZ-67B)
|Wheelbase||2,100 mm (82.7 in)|
|Length||3,345 mm (131.7 in)|
|Width||1,685 mm (66.3 in)|
|Height||1,700 mm (66.9 in)|
|Curb weight||1,320 kg (2,910 lb)|
The GAZ-67 and the subsequent GAZ-67B were general purpose four wheel drive Soviet military vehicles built by GAZ starting in 1943. By the end of the war, it was the Soviet equivalent of the Willys Jeep
The GAZ-67 was a further development of the earlier GAZ-64. A main improvement was a wider track of 1446 mm. It also had a strengthened chassis frame, enlarged fuel tank and other improvements.
The engine, clutch, gearbox, prop-shaft joints, track rod ends, heater, axles gear, brake master cylinder, ignition system and many more were taken from the GAZ M 20. From the GAZ 51 truck the steering wheel, engine coolant pre-heating torch, head lights, rear light, light switch, fuel filter, oil cooler etc. The differential gear was taken from the ZIM M 12. All new are the chassis, transfer box, front and rear axles, and the body.
It was powered by a slightly more powerful 54 hp (40 kW) version of GAZ M1 4-cylinder 3280 cc gasoline motor, and had a top speed of 90 km/h (56 mph). Production started on 23 September 1943 (the first serial vehicle produced). From January 1944 it was replaced by the GAZ-67B, which had some mechanical improvements.
THe Gaz 67 has appeared in many war time films.
GAZ-67 Jeep in Leningrad Movie from 2009