Ferrari 275 F1 race car history
|Vehicle technical details|
|Body and chassis|
|Body styles:||single seat race car|
|Chassis/body:||Chassis: tubular steel Bodywork: Aluminium|
|Suspension:||front: independent Rear: de Dion leaf springs|
|Engine and Powertrain|
|Engine location:||front, longitudinal|
|Engine power:||280 hp|
|Steering:||Worm and sector|
|Brakes:||drums front and rear|
|Fuel feed:||Weber 42 DCF carburettors|
|Weights and Dimensions|
The Ferrari 275F1 was a Formula 1 racing car, built and used by the Scuderia Ferrari in the 1950s.
The Ferrari 275F1 was the evolution of the Ferrari 125 and came in 1950 briefly in the Formula 1 World Championship used. Aurelio Lampredi , an advocate of turbocharged engines, developed new V-12 engines built into the 275F1, 340F1 and 375F1 .
With the 275F1, which still had a chassis to previous old pattern, ran the 3.3-liter engine, which reached a maximum output of 280 hp.
The 275F1 made its debut at the 1950 Belgian Grand Prix with Alberto Ascari at the wheel. Ascari was fifth in the race but the car was obviously underpowered by Alfa Romeo .
The car was therefore granted only a short racing era. At the Grand Prix of Italy in the same year, the successor model, the Ferrari 340F1, was already used.