Ferrari 275P race car history
|Vehicle technical details|
|Top speed:||300 km / h|
|Body and chassis|
|Body styles:||2 seat open body|
|Chassis/body:||Tubular steel frame|
|Suspension:||Independent on double wishbones|
|Engine and Powertrain|
|Engine Type:||Four-stroke 12-cylinder|
|Engine power:||370 hp|
|Brakes:||disc brakes front and rear|
|Fuel feed:||6 Weber double carburettors|
|Weights and Dimensions|
The Ferrari 275P was a racing sports car , that Scuderia Ferrari in 1964 used in sports car racing.
The Ferrari 275P was basically a modified Ferrari 250P . The displacement of the V -12 engine was increased to 3286 cc and the units delivered up to 370 hp. The body differed by small changes from the 250P. The windscreen and roll bar formed a conclusion at right angles to the side window. The car had rear visible wells for brake ventilation and the fuel filler neck was on the left front fender.
Ferrari built in 1964 four 275P, which were used in the sports car world championship.
His racing debut gave the 275P in the fall of 1963 in a sports car race in the US. As the preparatory race for Sebring's 12-hour race next year , the Scuderia reported the 275P with chassis number 0814 to the 200-mile race at Riverside . At the wheel was John Surtees , who took fourth place in the race. In Sebring followed in 1964 a double victory; Mike Parkes and Umberto Maglioli won ahead of duo Ludovico Scarfiotti and Nino Vaccarella .
It was followed by two more successes. Scarfiotti and Vaccarella again won the 1000 km race at the Nürburgring . The Sicilian Vaccarella also won a month later at the 24 Hours of Le Mans . There was the Frenchman Jean Guichet his teammate.
The end of the cars were sold in the US - Chassis 0812 went to the North American Racing Team - and there down to 1968 in SCCA sports car racing .