|Production||1960 to 1965|
|Body and chassis|
|Layout||Front engine, rear drive|
|Transmission||Moss Four-speed manual|
Fairthorpe Zeta A high powered car, the Zeta, was introduced in 1960 using a modified Ford Zephyr Six-cylinder engine with up to six carburettors and a BRM cylinder head. Another version, the Rockette used a Triumph Vitesse 1600 cc engine, few were made of either of these models. In 1961 the company moved to Gerrards Cross and in 1964 to Denham, both in Buckinghamshire.
Engine and transmission: Six-cylinders, in-line, with pushrod operated overhead valve cylinder head, built by Ford of Britain. Bore, stroke and capacity 82.5 x 79.5mm., 2553cc. Maximum power 137bhp (gross) at 5500rpm.; maximum torque 1601b.ft. at 3200rpm. Four-speed manual gearbox (Moss type) in unit with engine. Hypoid bevel final drive.
Chassis: Front engine, rear drive. Separate steel chassis frame, with tubular side-members and cross bracings. Independent front suspension by coil springs and wishbones. Rack and pinion steering. Suspension of rear live axle by coil springs and trailing wishbones. Front wheel disc brakes, rear drum brakes.
Bodywork: Glass-fibre bodyshell, in two-door two-seater open sports or hardtop styles, by Fairthorpe. Length Il ft. 8in.; width 4ft. IOin.; height 3ft. 10in. Unladen weight 18351b.
Performance: Maximum speed 117mph. 0-60mph 7.9sec. Standing 1/4-mile 15.8sec. Typical fuel consumption 21mpg.