Dodge 880 car history
1962 to 1965
Body versions :
Saloon , station wagon ,coupe
Gasoline 5.9-6.3 liters
The Dodge 880 was a model of the full-size class manufactured by the US automobile manufacturer Dodge from 1962 to 1964 .
After Dodge (as well as the sister brand Plymouth ) for the model year 1962 had reduced its large full size models, contrary to all market trends, their sales fell disappointing (he fell from 156,000 pieces in model year 1961 to 148,400 the following year). As a result, Dodge introduced the Custom 880 as a new, large top model. It was a Chrysler of the current vintage with independent, the Dodge models borrowed from the previous year front.
Dodge Custom 880 361 cu
- ENGINE CAPACITY: 361 cu in, 5902.35 cu cm
- FUEL CONSUMPTION: 15.2 m imp gal, 12.6 m US gal, 18.6 1 x 100 km
- SEATS: 6; MAX SPEED: 108.7 mph, 175 km h
- PRICE NEW 1963 4 door: $ 2,828.
- PRICE NEW 1963 convertable: $ 2,960.
- PRICE NEW 1963 6 seat estate wagon: $ 2,99.
Offered were from January 1962 two- and four-door sedans, two combination models, a hardtop coupe and a convertible. The station wagons utilized pillared body in both the six and nine-passenger models. All 880 had a V8 engine and a manual or an automatic three-speed transmission.
In the model years 1963 to 1965, the series was continued, from 1963 as a poorer equipped 880 and Custom 880th ,1964 The 880 received the most significant and final redesign In the fall of 1965, the replacement by the Dodge Monaco .
VARIATIONS AND OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES:
- limited slip final drive
- hard top custom
- 9 seat estate
- power-assisted steering
- compression ratio 8 : 1
- engine capacity 383 cu in, 6262.05 cu cm, max power (SAE) 305 hp, axle ratio 3.23 : 1, max speed 123 mph, 198 km/h
- Torqueflite Eight automatic gear box, hydraulic torque convertor and planetary gears with 3 ratios (I 2.45, II 1.45, III 1, Rev 2.20), push button control, max ratio of convertor at stall 2.20, axle ratios 2.76 - 3.23 : 1
Numbers (model years):
- 1962: 17,505
- 1963: 27,800
- 1964: 31,800
- 1965: 23,700 (without combination models)
Technical specification overview:
- 361 CID B V8 (1962-1964)
- 383 CID B V8 (1963-1965)
- 413 CID RB V8 (1965)
- 426 CID RB V8 (1965)
- Power: 198-227 kW)
- Transmission: 3-speed manual,3-speed Torqueflite automatic
- Fuel: Petrol
- Drive: rear wheel drive
- Wheelbase: 3,099 mm)
- Length: 5,423 mm
- Width: 2,007 mm
- Curb weight : 1638-1964 kg