Bukh & Gry Automotive. Horve; Denmark from 1904 to 1905
Bukh was originally a Danish engine factory in Hørve on the island of Zealand in the earlt 1900s they also produced passenger cars,
The factory was founded in 1904 by Jens Bukh and Johannes Gry. It produced windmills and internal combustion engines powered by gasoline and petroleum.
In 1910, diesel engines for agriculture and industry followed. In 1915, the factory moved to Kalundborg under the name Kalundborg Motorfabrik and developed engines for shipping. In addition to the new factory was the Kalundborg Skibsværft , through which access to the maritime market was established. The shipyard used the Bukh engines for loading equipment and auxiliary machinery for the ships. In 1928 Bukh produced the first diesel engine with direct injection . Between 1940 and 1945 gas generators were built in large numbers.
In the 1950s, tractors began to be produced. From 1959 to 1962 these were the models DZ30 and DZ45, followed in 1962 by a series of tractors with 2- and 3-cylinder engines (302, 403, 452 and 554). In 1967 it was tried to revive the tractor business with the models Juno, Jupiter and Hercules with 52, 70 and 93 hp. This was unsuccessful. Therefore, in 1968, the tractor production was completely stopped. Bukh marine engines and jet engines are still being manufactured. The production takes place at BUKH A / S in Kruså .
Between 1904 and 1905, the company produced at least one passenger car . This had a water-cooled two-cylinder engine , which with 10/12 PS This drove the rear axle via a friction gear .