UAZ-469 3151 jeep
1962 to 2003
Body versions :
The UAZ -469 (УАЗ -469), later referred to as UAZ -3151 , is an off-road vehicle of the Soviet and Russian manufacturer Uljanowski Awtomobilny Sawod (short UAZ) from Ulyanovsk . The UAZ-469 was mainly used by the Soviet Army and other Warsaw Pact forces . In the Soviet Union, it also found widespread use in almost all state organizations that needed robust off-road vehicles.
UAZ -469 History
Prototypes of the UAZ-469 were already available at the beginning of the 1960s. In 1961, the first copies were completed, 1962 completed the trial phase. However, it did not come to mass production. Series production of the UAZ-469 began in 1971, replacing the previously built GAZ-69 . In order to demonstrate the off-road capability of the vehicles, in 1974 with a total of three near-series UAZ -469B a test drive on Elbrus was undertaken. Within 38 minutes, the vehicles reached a height of 4200 meters.
PERFORMANCE: petrol 2,445 cc
- max power (SAE): 78 hp (57 kW) at 4,000 rpm
- max torque (SAE): 125 1b ft. 17.2 kg m (169 Nm) at 2,200-2,500 rpm
- max engine rpm: 4,500; 31.9 hp/l (23.4 kW/l)
- max speed: about 71 mph, 115 km/h
- power-weight ratio: 43.5 lb/hp (59.2 lb/kW), 19.7 kg/hp (26.8 kg/kW)
PERFORMANCE: Peugeot diesel 2,112 cc
- max power (DIN) 65 hp (48 kW) at 4,500 rpm
- max torque (DIN) 89 1b ft, 12.3 kg m (121 Nm) at 2,200 rpm
- max engine rpm 4,750, 30.8
- hp/l (22.6 kW/l).
- max speed 62 mph, 100 km/h
- power-weight ratio 55.2 lb/hp (71 lb/kW), 23.7 kg/hp (32.2 kg/kW),
- fuel consumption 31.7 m/imp gal, 26.4 m/US gal
- fuel consumption: 23.5 m/imp gal, 19.6 m/US gal
In 1985, a revision was made, in which course, due to new standards, the name of the vehicle was changed to UAZ-3151. In the 1990s, versions with XD2 diesel engines from Peugeot were sold. Occasionally, the vehicle was also marketed as Tundra 469 .In November 2003, the production was discontinued, successor was the visually very similar UAZ Hunter .
- UAZ-469 - For the military built from 1972 to 1985 version with 300 millimeters of ground clearance and portal axles.
- UAZ-469B - From 1973 to 1985 mass-built version with rigid axles and only 220 millimeters of ground clearance. Intended for all civil purposes.
- UAZ-469BG - Sanitätsversion.
- UAZ-3151 - From 1985 built revised version of the UAZ-469. There were changes particularly in the technical area, so also on the gearbox and the axles. The ground clearance of 300 millimeters remained.
- UAZ-31512 - Civilian version, successor to the UAZ-469B. Without reduction gear and various military accessories.
- UAZ-3152 - Sanitätsversion and successor of the UAZ-469BG.
- UAZ-39121 - version especially for veterinary purposes.
- UAZ-3150 - Two-door version with short wheelbase, three-liter engine and various technical improvements. It is unclear whether a series production took place.
- UAZ-31514 - variant with metal roof. It was possible to install ZMZ diesel engines with a displacement of 2.89 l.
- UAZ-31519 - Metal roof version, 2.9 liter engine and various minor changes to the electrical system.
- UAZ-3153 - Extended wheelbase model with 2.89 liter engine. This makes 98 hp.
- UAZ-3159 - Improved UAZ-3153 with various optical and technical revisions.
In the over 30 years of production history, various versions of the SUV were built.
UAZ-469 Technical details and specifications (1962-2003)
ENGINE: 2,445 cc 469 B
location front, 4 stroke
Bore: 92 mm Stroke: 92 mm
Engine type: ZMZ-451M 4 cylinders, vertical, in line
149.2 cu in, 2,445 cc (3.62 x 3.62 in, 92 x 92 mm)
compression ratio: 6.7:1
cast iron block and head
4 crankshaft bearings
valves: overhead, in line, push-rods and rockers
camshafts: 1, side
lubrication: gear pump, full flow filter, oil cooler
lubrication total:10.6 imp pt, 12.7 US pt
1 downdraught 4-barrel carburettor
fuel feed: mechanical pump
water-cooled, 22.9 imp pt
ENGINE Peugeot, diesel
128.9 cu in, 2,112 cc (3.54 x 3.27 in, 90 x 83 mm)
22.8:1 compression ratio
driving wheels: front (automatically engaged with transfer box low ratio) and rear
clutch: single dry plate
gearbox: mechanical; gears: 4
synchronized; ratios: 1st 4,120, 2nd 2.640, 3rd 1.580, 4th 1, rev 3.738
gear lever location: central
final drive: spiral bevel
axle ratio: 5.125
tyres: 8.40 x 15
type box-type ladder frame
front and rear suspension: rigid axle, semi-elliptic leafsprings, telescopic dampers.
worm and double roller.
turning circle: 39.4 ft, 12 m
drum; lining area: total 153.5 sq in, 990 sq cm.
54 Ah battery
350 W alternator
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
wheel base: 93.70 in, 238 cm;
front and rear track: 56.69 in, 144 cm
length: 158.27 in, 402 cm
width: 70.08 in, 178 cm
height: 79.13 in, 201 cm;
ground clearance: 8.66 in, 22 cm
weight: 3,396 1b, 1,540 kg
© Motor car History
UAZ-469 Maintenance and Service Guide (1962-2003)
fuel: 72 oct (petrol)
Coolant total: 22.9 imp pt
lubrication total (petrol) :10.6 imp pt, 12.7 US pt
fuel tank: 15.8 imp gal, 19 US gal, 72 1 (2 separate tanks).
carrying capacity: 1,654 1b, 750 kg
permissible total weight: 2290 kg
Payload: 690 kg
Trailer load: 850 kg
OPTIONAL independent heating ,hardtop ,fabric top.
© Motor car History