Cadillac Cien concept car
|Vehicle technical details|
|Vehicle Expo||Detroit Auto Show|
|Maximum speed||370 km / h|
|Acceleration||0-100 km / h: <2.9 s|
|Body and chassis|
|Body styles||sports car Coupe|
|Engine and Powertrain|
|Torque||610 Nm at 1500|
|Engine Type||Gasoline V12|
|Displacement||7.5 liters (7514 cm³)|
|Engine power||750 hp (559 kW)|
|Tyres||245/35 R19 front, 335/30 R21 rear|
|Weights and Dimensions|
The Cadillac Cien is a two-door, rear-wheel drive mid-engine concept coupe from Cadillac .
The vehicle is a 2002 prototype presented to Cadillac's centenary at the Detroit Auto Show 2002. In 2002. Cadillac celebrates the beginning of its second century. To mark the occasion Cadillac created the Cien (Spanish for 100). While not scheduled for production. this mid-engine VI2 concept supercar serves as a design-and-technology showcase for future Cadillac models.
Cien's threshold engineering and stealth-aircraft inspired design point to Cadillac's future at a time expected to be filled with Startling innovations and premium features.
Drawing on 100 years of rich Cadillac heritage. Cien honors the brand's tradition of bringing revolutionary technology and trend-setting design to the luxury segment.
A low, sleek. aerodynamic exterior with a removable hard top and blue-tint glass .Scissor-style doors pivot up and forward to reveal a wide opening to the intelior .Carbon-fiber composite body panels and monocoque chassis contribute to Cien's body strength and light weight
High-performance wheels and tires for maximum agility. Speed-sensitive automatic active rear spoiler to optimize aerodynamics at high speeds ,Multiple liquid crystal displays (LCD) convey information to the driver from the navigation system. onboard telematics. and rear-lacing cameras.
Carbon fiber and aluminum interior trim accented by a Bulgari signature analog clock a feeling of performance with the elegance .Racing-style paddle gear shifters for the advanced semi-automatic transmission mounted behind the steering wheel for high-performance operation
• 7.5 liter Northstar XV12 concept engine producing 750 horsepower In addition, the engine is equipped with variable intake system, cylinder deactivation in partial load operation and variable valve timing.Demand design enables the engine to run seamlessly on' all cylinders to meet performance needs while maximizing fuel economy
• Direct Injection technology enhances fuel economy and power, while reducing emissions
• Space-efficient engine design enables a V12 engine to occupy the space of a typical VB engine
• Racine-style semi-automatic transmission delivers maximum performance and ease of operation
• Mid-engine/rear-wheel-drive configuration helps maximize on-road and track handling performance
• Advanced telematics including Night Vision, OnStar. StabiliTrak, Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist, and CommuniPort (a system integrating Cien's advanced audio, navigation. communication, and computing systems) help drivers perform at their highest level in a variety of conditions
The Cien is known among other things from the movie The Island and the games Gran Turismo 4 for the Playstation 2, Gran Turismo 5 for the Playstation 3, the game Test Drive Unlimited of the game series Test Drive and Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix .