Associated Daimler Co Ltd (ADC)
Commercial vehicles manufacturer England UK from 1926 to 1928
The Associated Daimler Co Ltd was a short-lived Commercial vehicle fusion of interests between the Associated Equipment Co Ltd (AEC) and the Daimler Motor Co Ltd.
The first true ADCs, or Associated Daimlers, being the ultra-light-weight 423 and 424 models, with a choice between 4-cyl AEC sleeve-valve petrol engines. Other
models included the half-cab semi-bonneted 419; the 802 (also known as the 'London Six'), which was the first 3-axle chassis to be built by the company, and possibly the first vehicle with double-drive bogie and 3rd differential; and a range of trolleybuses based on earlier AEC designs but with 55hp Bull traction motors, Westinghouse air brakes, and pneumatic tyres.
The only single-decker 802 was very unusual in that it had petrol-electric transmission. Goods models included a 3 1/2-tonner, a 5-tonner and the 'Ramillies' 6-tonner.One incorporated many passenger features, such as a half-cab and engine accessories on the left-hand side, with drive via a cone clutch and shaft to a chain gearbox located amidships and thence by another shaft to an overhead-worm rear axle. The brakes acted only on the rear wheels which were suspended on semi-elliptic leaf springs with rubber helper units.
A special double-decker, using a 6-wheeled used only to transport the company's own staff. When the company ceased trading, operations returned to the original constituent companies.