Scamp (Scottish Aviation Ltd)
The company was founded in 1935 as a flight school and began in 1938 with the maintenance of aircraft. During the Second World War , it took over the final assembly of other aircraft and the maintenance of Consolidated B-24 Liberator bombers.After the war, the company developed and built the military transport aircraft Pioneer and Twin Pioneer . After the collapse of the Handley Page Aircraft Company in1970, it took over the construction of the Jetstream transport and training aircraft. From the 1970 also bankrupt manufacturer Beagle Aircraft , it acquired the rights to the training aircraft Bulldog .In 1977, Scottish Aviation merged with British Aircraft Corporation , Hawker Siddeley Aviation and Hawker Siddeley Dynamics to form British Aerospace . Some parts were later sold to the American manufacturer Spirit AeroSystems .
In 1965, the company began producing electric cars . However, the first public presentation took place in 1967 at the Ideal Homes Exhibition held. Also in 1967 ended the production. A total of twelve vehicles emerged. Of which ten were delivered to various energy companies. The brand name was Scamp .
The vehicles a two seat, 2 door, 4 wheel electric microcar were only 56" 2132 mm long. The fiberglass coupe body offered space for two people. Two DC electric motors giving a 4 x 12v giving a 48 volt system , each with 2.7 hp, drove each chain via a rear wheel via the voltage control. With a range of up to 20 miles .The maximum speed was stated at 35mph 56 km / h and the range at 35 km. Acceleration 0 to 30 mph 10.5 seconds. Price around £300.
Automotive manufacturer of Great Britain from 1965 to 1967.