Dick Buckland developed a car and presented it in 1985 on a kit car show in Stoneleigh . The production and marketing of automobiles and kits was initially carried out together with Laurie Weeks by the Light Car & Cycle Restoration Company . In 1988, he founded Buckland Cars in his hometown Llanwern near Newport in the Welsh county of Gwent . The brand name was Buckland . In 1999, production ended when Dick Buckland became ill. In total, twelve copies were made.
Penguin Speed Shop, based in Sarn , Flintshire and headed by John Wilcox, has continued production since 2011, maintaining its brand name.
The only model was the B 3 . It was a tricycle with a single rear wheel. The base formed a tubular frame. An open two-seater fiberglass body was mounted on top. A four-cylinder engine of Ford 1300 cc displacement , and 90 to 100 PS performance was arranged at the front in the vehicle, driving via a chain to the rear wheel.