Westwood Motor Co. Ltd.
Westwood Motor Co., Ltd. , later Westwood-Ince Ltd. , was a British car manufacturer in Wigan, Greater Manchester in the 1920s .The company sold the vehicles under the brand name Westwood .
The company Westwood Motor Co. Ltd. from Lower Ince, a suburb of Wigan , began in 1920 with the production of automobiles . in 1924 the company was renamed in Westwood-Ince Ltd. By 1926 the production ended.
1920 appeared as the first model of 11.9 HP . four-cylinder - inline engine provided by a K.N.O Dorman was obtained. The dimensions of the cylinder were 69 mm bore and 120 mm stroke . This resulted in 1794 cc displacement . The engine output was 25 bhp (18.4 kW) . Unlike many other engines of the time the engine was OHV valve control .The chassis had a wheelbase of 2794 mm (9 feet and 2 inches ) and a 1245 mm (4 foot and 1 inch) gauge. There was the body forms two-seat and four-seat touring cars £625 and two-door coupe for £675 .
In 1924, the 14 HP replaced the first model. This model, there was a four-cylinder engine from Meadows used, again with Overhead valves. Compared to the motor of the previous model, the bore was increased to 75 mm, while the hub with 120 mm stroke remained the same. This resulted in 2121 cc. The wheelbase was 2794 mm, and the track gauge 1270 mm (4 feet and 2 inches). Some vehicles were as a sports model with pointed tail, but the performance was not up to the sporty looks, and few were sold.