Watling Cars Ltd.
Watling Cars Ltd. was a British manufacturer of kit car automobiles for a short time in the late 1950s to the early 60s .
The company from St Albans began in 1959 with the production of automobiles. The brand name was Watling . 1961 ended production. In total, about 70 copies were made. In addition, the company also hired boats and caravans.
The offer included the models GT and GT Deluxe a small sports car.Watling Fibreglass bodies are more than just a shell. They are complete with all the necessary fittings—Floor, Door Windows, Off-side Windows, Gearbox Covers, Prop.-shaft Tunnel, Rear Bulkhead, Boot Floor .The WATLJNG tubular steel chassis is designed to fit not only WATLING bodies but also most Of the production fibreglass open and saloon bodies now on the market.
90/94 wb. Ladder Chassis for Ford components, Acceptin Ford 8/10. Consul. 1000. Climax Engines. Choice of l} Open/Saloon 2- and 4-seat Bodies. Accessories. Crossflow Rads.. Headers. 15-in. Wheels. 4.7 and 4.4 C.W.P.. Hydraulic Brake Kits. . The basis was a separate ladder frame, which was available with two different wheelbases. Special feature was the independent suspension. On it a body made of fiberglass was mounted. The offer included open and closed superstructures that could accommodate two or four people. Four-cylinder enginesfrom Ford of Britain and Morris Motor Company , specificallyFord Prefect (E 93 A) , Ford Popular (100 E) , Ford Anglia (105 E) and Morris Minor powered the vehicles.
Carmakers manufactured in St Albans.Great Britain from 1959 to 1961.