Stanhope Brothers Ltd.
Stanhope Brothers Ltd. , previously Stanhope Motors (Leeds) Ltd. , was a British manufacturer of automobiles.
Herbert Stanhope senior was a jeweler in Leeds . 1915 his sons Harry, Ted and Herbert junior built a car - a prototype . In 1919 they founded the company Stanhope Motors (Leeds) Ltd. and started the production of automobiles. The brand name was Stanhope . In 1922, the production ended when the financier Rowland Winn retired. Walter Bramham took over the vehicle production and continued it under the brand name Bramham . When Bramham gave up in 1924, the brothers founded the new company Stanhope Brothers Ltd. and continued production. The brand name was again Stanhope, 1925 ended production.
The company produced small cars. Special feature of the tricycles was that the single front wheel was driven. The prototype had a V2 engine from JAP with 8 hp power and power transmission by means of belts.
From 1924 different prototypes were created, some with three wheels, some with four. Built-in engines with two and four cylinders of Blackburne , Singer and Triumph powered the vehicles. The choice was chain drive and cardan drive .
Automotive manufacturer of Leeds.Great Britain from 1919 to 1925.