E. Gilyard and Co (Barkerend Engineering Company Ltd.)
Gilyard was a British car brand, which was on the market from 1914 to 1919. Manufacturer was Barkerend Engineering Company Ltd. from Bradford, Yorkshire .
The offer included Cycle Cars and small cars. 1914 was a car with air-cooled V2 engine of unknown origin, which had a displacement of 1267 cc and developed a power of 10 bhp (7.4 kW). The wheelbase of the 2540 mm long and 1524 mm wide vehicle was 1981 mm, its track 1168 mm. The weight was 254 kg.
1916 appeared as successor an 8 hp. The inline twin-cylinder engine came now from Chater-Lea , was also air-cooled and made with its side-mounted valves 8 bhp (5.9 kW). The wheelbase had grown to 2032 mm, the track dropped to 1118 mm. The production was discontinued in the same year.
1919, the car was launched again for a year, with two wheelbases (2083 mm and 2134 mm) are given. The gauge was 1143 mm.
Car manufacturer of Great Britain from 1914 to 1919.