Bayliss Thomas cars history
Tyseley Birmingham UK
In 1919 the company made an experimental 3-wheel car with air-cooled engine, but this did not go into production. But, in 1920 Excelsior entered the car business with a range of 4-wheel models and used the name Bayliss-Thomas as there was already a Belgian car called the Excelsior.
Around 1,000 were made.
Cars were still listed in catalogues until 1931 but it is likely that none were made after 1929
Excelsior last manufactured a motorcycle in 1964 and folded in 1965. Britax, a car accessory company bought the name and produced limited numbers of Britax-Excelsior machines in the late 1970s.
The head office address was: The Excelsior Motor Co, Kings Road, Tyseley, Birmingham 11.
The Head Office and Works address according to a 1962 edition (4/9/62) of the Talisman Twin 244cc and 328cc Running and Maintenance Instructions was Redfern Road, Tyseley Birmingham 11. Telephone: Alcocks Green 1677-8-9. "Telegrams: Monarch, Haymills"