Austin 40 hp
From 1907 to 1913
The Austin 40 hp motor car was launched in 1907 to replace the 25/30. Manufactured by Austin Motor Company at the Longbridge plant, it was the third model from the company. On sale between 1907 and 1913, 152 cars were produced.
The 40 hp Endcliffe and York models were fitted with a 5843 cc 4-cylinder engine, increased in 1912 to 6236 cc for the 40 hp Vitesse.
The Austin 60 hp was manufactured in 1908 and was based on the Austin 40 hp but fitted with a larger 8764 cc 6-cylinder engine for racing. Around 14 made. The 60 hp was replaced in 1910 by the Austin 50 hp