Ipam-Leeds (Industrias Platenses Automotrices)
Industrias Platenses Automotrices SA was an Argentine manufacturer of automobiles from the late 1950s .
Guillermo Leeds headed the company based in La Plata . The development of automobiles began in the 1950s. In December 1959, three vehicles were presented, which were tested for years extensively. 1960, production began. The brand name was Ipam-Leeds .
The production ran until 1961 about 200 vehicles were created. The only model was an amphibious vehicle .It was a bubble car with front door and another door on the left side. The body consisted of metal and offered space for four people. A two-cylinder - two-stroke engine ofthe Engish Villiers Ltd. with 325 cc displacement and 18 PS performance was mounted in the rear with also a propeller with three blades for in water. The vehicles were at a wheelbase of 170 cm and a track width of 135 cm (front) and 65 cm (rear) 320 cm long and 150 cm wide. The curb weight was given as 400 kg. Only around 20 made.