Alvis TA 14
|Production||1946–1950 3311 produced|
|Successor||Alvis TA 21|
|Body style||4-door saloon 2-door drophead|
|Engine||Alvis 1892 cc Straight-4|
|Transmission||4-speed manual synchromesh on top 3 ratios |
clutch Borg & beck type 9 A6-G single plate
|Wheelbase||108 in (2,743 mm)|
|Length||174.5 in (4,432 mm)|
|Width||66 in (1,676 mm)|
The Alvis TA 14 was the first car to be produced by Alvis cars after World War II. It was made from 1946 until 1950 when it was replaced by the Alvis TA 21.
The car was available as a four-door saloon by Mulliners of Birmingham but there were also Tickford and Carbodies drophead versions. The bodies were mounted on an updated pre-war Alvis 12/70 chassis that was widened and lengthened but retained the non-independent leaf spring suspension and mechanically operated brakes. Disc wheels replaced the 12/70s wires.
The 1892 cc engine is a slightly larger-bore version of the one used in the 12/70 and produced 65 bhp (48 kW). It is fitted with a single SU type H4 1 1⁄2-inch horizontal carburettor.
The top speed is around 74 mph (119 km/h) and acceleration from 0 to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 22.2 seconds
The Alvis TA14 Drop Head Coupe