Allard M2 M2X car range and history
|Vehicle technical details|
|Production||1951 to 1952|
|Top speed||136 km/h|
|Body and chassis|
|Engine and Powertrain|
|Drive||Rear wheel drive|
|Engine Type||V8 Gasoline|
|Engine power||85 bhp 62.5-110 kW|
|Weights and Dimensions|
The Allard M2 is a sport cabriolet , which the British company Allard built in 1951 as a successor to the to 1952 model M .
The M2 is often called "the whale" because its new front shows an A-shaped grille and the large, one-piece hood integrates the fenders. Like its predecessor the car was from a side-valve V8 from the Ford pilot. This engine had 3622 cc displacement (bore × stroke = 77.79 mm × 95.25 mm) and was compressed 6.1: 1. Its power was 85 bhp (62.5 kW) at 3600 / min. Fitted with a manual three-speed transmission with steering wheel gearshift (also from Ford Pilot) and had a top speed of 136 km/h. The body is made of aluminum panels.
The new M2 there was only seven copies sold.Due to the poor sales, the M2 was replaced in late 1951 by the M2X . This was in principle the convertible version of the coupé model P1 .This took over the new front suspension with coil springs from J2 , so that more space in front legroom was available. In addition to the familiar 3.6-liter engine - but now back with gear lever in the center of the car - There was also an optional 4.4-liter displacement.
By 1952, 25 copies of the type M2X were created.