Allard Special V12 car history
|Vehicle technical details|
|Production||1937 to 1939|
|Class||Sports car,Race car|
|Top speed||160 km / h,|
|Body and chassis|
|Engine and Powertrain|
|Drive||Rear wheel drive|
|Engine Type||V12 Gasoline 4.4 liters|
|Engine power||112 bhp (82 kW)|
|Weights and Dimensions|
The Allard V12 is an open sports car , which was manufactured by the British company Allard from 1938 and could also be used in motorsport . The cars were not built in series, but only on customer request.
Equipped was the car with the side -mounted V12 engine of the Lincoln Zephyr . This had 4379 cc displacement (bore × stroke = 69.85 mm × 95.25 mm) and made 112 bhp (82 kW) at 3900 / min. The cars reached a top speed of 160 km / h, so were real "hundred-mile cars".
The chassis was consistent with that of the weaker motorized sister model V8 . The front wheels were suspended individually on a transverse leaf spring. Rear was the powered rigid axle installed, which also hung on a transverse leaf spring. This resulted in a wheelbase of 2540 mm and a front / rear gauge of 1422 mm.
Together with his one year earlier offered sister model V8 emerged until 1939 twelve copies, including only three with the V-12 engine. Versions of the facilitated "Special" for the trial / off -road sport to the elegant four-seat sports touring were available. At least one V-12 sports tourer built bodybuilding company Whittingham & Mitchel . Other coachbuilders working for Allard at the time were Coachcraft and Ranalah .
In 1939, the production was discontinued due to the war . A successor to the V12 did not exist after the war.