From 1946 to 1950
The L is a 4-seater sports which was produced from 1946 to 1950. It was on a 112 inch wheelbase and available with a choice of 3,622cc Ford V8 or 4,375cc Mercury engines.
Effectively the Lis just a K1 with a six-inch wheelbase stretch (to 112in) and a pair of occasional seats in the rear, the additional model in the Allard line-up proved surprisingly popular. The M added some civilities such as coil-sprung suspension (from 1949) and a column gearchange.
The top speed is estimated to be 85 mph.0-60mph in 15.2secs
191 examples were produced.
- Fuel delivery:carburettor
- Suspension Front:Transverse leaf spring, beam axle
- Suspension Rear:Beam axle, leaf springs
- Bodyframe:chassis and seperate body
- Transmission:Three-speed manual